Don’t Tune Out Your Fall Maintenance
5 Important Reasons To Tune Up Your Furnace:
- Greatly decrease the chance of a breakdown. Systems tend to break when they are working the hardest. An example would be: a major holiday when you are hosting a house full of people. When doors are opening and closing on a cold day your furnace has to work harder to maintain the indoor temperature. This increase in run time enhances the probability for system failure.
- Increases the longevity of your system. According to the Department of Energy, “proper maintenance extends the life of your furnace or boiler and saves you money”. The longer you can keep your system running at optimum performance, the more money you keep in your pocket
- Keeps your energy cost down. According to Energy Star.gov 46% of the cost for the average 3,000 sq. ft. single family home’s utility bill derives from its heating and cooling system. Keeping your equipment maintained keeps your equipment running at its optimum capacity and therefore prevents a spike or increase to your utility bill that a poorly running HVAC system may cause.
- Increases the health and safety of those living in your home. Your furnace is a fossil fuel burning piece of equipment. When fossil fuels, such as natural gas, propane or oil are burned they omit combustion gases. These omissions contain harmful gases like carbon monoxide, and methane. Your furnace is designed to properly exhaust these gases outside and NOT in your home. Unfortunately this design can be compromised, like for instance when your furnace has a cracked heat exchanger. A small crack in the heat exchanger is one of many diagnostic tests performed during your tune-up. IMPORTANT NOTE: all homes should have an updated and active CO detector located on each floor.
- Validates your current warranty and/or extended warranty. Some manufacturer and extended warranties can become voided or deny coverage if the equipment is not regularly maintained by a licensed HVAC professional.
[efb_likebox fanpage_url="TricoMechanical" box_width="450" box_height="" locale="en_US" responsive="1" show_faces="0" show_stream="1" hide_cover="0" small_header="0" hide_cta="0" ]